Use Your Bible!
This year we will have our “Use Your Bible” Question series in this part of our Bulletin. We will focus the questions each month on various aspects of the Christian’s responsibility when it comes to “serving” others.
Theme: Who Is The Greatest?
1. At the last Passover, what did Christ say to His disciples? (Luke 22:15, 16)
2. Concerning what had there been a strife among the disciples? (Luke 22:24)
3. How did Christ rebuke this spirit? (Luke 22:25, 26; Mark 10:42-45)
4. What did the Savior say of His own position? (Luke 22:27)
5. Notwithstanding that He was their Lord and Master, what example of humility and willing service did Christ give? (John 13:4, 5)
6. What was the custom anciently respecting feet-washing? (Gen. 18:4; Gen. 19:2; Gen. 43:24; Judges 19:21; 2 Sam. 11:8)
7. How did Christ reprove Simon for misjudging Him in permitting a woman who was a sinner to wash His feet? (Luke 7:44)
8. What question did Peter ask concerning this proffered service? (John 13:6)
9. What answer did Jesus make? (John 13:7)
10. How did Peter feel about the Savior washing his feet? (John 13:8)
11. What was the Master’s reply to Peter? (John 13:8)
12. Learning that union with Christ depended on this service, what did Peter say? (John 13:9, 10)
13. After having washed their feet, what did Christ say? John 13:15)
14. What did He say about washing one another’s feet? (John 13:13, 14)
15. What did Christ say would be their experience in obeying His instruction? (John 13:17)
16. How does Christ regard an act performed toward the humblest of His disciples? (Matt. 25:40)